Wednesday 10 January 2007

Highlights from 2006..Edinburgh Festival

As I've been so slack getting the blog together, I missed the opportunity to tell you about my first showing at the Edinburgh Book Festival way back in August. I didn't know what to expect, but I tried to approach my event there as I do with any new venture. That is, I try to be as relaxed as possible, just take a deep breath, and do it. So I did, and as usual there was no need to be concerned. The audience was fabulous fun, the kids very responsive and I had lots of positive feedback. It's an amazing thing to learn that a character that I've created is entertaining and delighting an ever expanding audience of kids. In fact, parents and students have also told me how much they love Russell the Sheep. This adventure is just getting better and better, and to top it all, Liz and I were able to spend time and catch a dinner with the mighty Shanster himself...Darren Shan and his Partner Bas as well as our good friends from Harper Collins, Emma and Charlotte.
Thanks for a very entertaining evening guys, and a great Edinburgh experience.

No comments: